News and Commentary on Gainesville and the World | Updated Daily

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

How to Irritate Fox News Republicans and Laugh About It

During my hiatus, a new local blog started by an anonymous writer. The blog is called Alachua Politix, and while its comment section is mostly a vent for Fox News Republicans who read "liberal" and see "evil," the main blogger (who goes by the handle "Politix Junkie") has a somewhat more even-handed approach.

I tried to get Politix Junkie to reveal his identity, but he refused. It is apparent that it is someone inside local politics, likely at the campaign organization level, if not a current or former elected official himself.

His posts are the blog's least interesting aspect, in my opinion. More fun are the comments, which revolve mostly around smug ha-has that the Democrats are in disarray and jabs at the evil liberals, almost always some talking point heard either from Rush Limbaugh or on Fox News.

The vast majority of the people posting comments do it anonymously, although I don't. Obviously, I am not afraid to attach my name to my opinion. I have been taking the knuckleheads on the site to task for their blind loyalty to Bush and the GOP, which has accomplished nothing and made the world worse in almost every possible way. The responses to my posts are always personal attacks that avoid the issues, which is fine with me because I see that as conceding my argument because they have no counter-argument.

It is obvious that when you challenge Fox News Republicans on their viewpoints, they have little to say except "you're a liberal." Says a lot about the reasons for the party's recent successes.

Anyway, if you like my blog, you will find my back-and-forth with "anonymous" amusing in this post.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Chandler Otis said...

Good to see you back. Your information on the "Alachua Politix" will provide me with hours of entertainment.

I too am annoyed by people who post nasty rhetoric and then hide behind "annoymous." You'd think they could at least come up with a pseudonym like "Wild Bill."

I guess some bloggers don't have the courage to tell us who they are.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Colin Whitworth said...

Hey Chandler. Welcome to my blog. Hope all is well in the world of bicycle rehab.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alachuapolitix rules!

9:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alachuapolitix rules!

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alachuapolitix rules!

11:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alachuapolitix rules!

Colin is a twerp!

6:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they are just killing themselves anyway, maybe we should just shoot their sorry asses. Bullets are cheap.

6:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they are just killing themselves anyway, maybe we should just shoot their sorry asses. Bullets are cheap.

7:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is "they"?

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people on this blog are SICK. Talk of killing people that disagree with you. Not even Travis Horn would talk like that!

YOu should check out his web site www.travishorn.com

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home